Thursday 25 January 2024

Windy, Wet Day Waders +

   
After a fruitless search for a Bittern at Monikie CP, I returned to Arbroath as the forecast rain started, and I had some time to look at the wader roost at Inchcape, check the harbour to confirm the Long-tailed Ducks were still there, and count the Purple Sandpipers.

On Wednesday afternoon I found the Pochard drake at Rescobie which surely is the same one I saw before Christmas, and on a short visit to Montreathmont I found but didn't photograph at least 4 Crossbills, and some of the usual characters at the hide.

Rainy day Long-tailed Ducks in Arbroath Harbour, click here       Distant Pochard video (3000mm)



One of around 30+ Purple Sandpipers trying to keep out of the wind at Arbroath Harbour




Huddled in some shelter





Two of a flock of Knot at Inchcape Park, Arbroath, probably more than 40 others being moved up the rocky beach as the tide rose





Knot, rearranging their positions and getting ever closer to me, but I couldn't tolerate the the cold wind blowing of the sea and I retreated to some shelter at the Harbour





About a dozen Dunlin in the mixed flock of waders on the beach, including Ringed Plover, Purple Sandpipers, Turnstones and Oystercatchers, and the Knot and Dunlin above





From Montreathmont Forest on Wednesday. One of a small group of Long-tailed Tits









Great Tit





Coal Tit





Blue Tit





I didn't get a more natural photo of this male Siskin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive