Tuesday 16 February 2016

Ring-necked drake, Nuthatch and Mandarin all at Pitlochry

My second visit to Pitlochry in a week and this time a success when I found all of the birds I'd went for and a bonus Canada Goose. I did miss the Mandarin at first as it was sleeping under the pontoon and it took a while for the Nuthatches to arrive at the feeder I'd filled with peanuts. The Ring-necked drake which has been there since October was confined to a small area of open water and slept most of the time.


Ring-necked Drake video, click here


Mandarin Drake sleeping under the pontoon at the boat house on Loch Faskally


Nuthatch at the Killecrankie Visitor Centre





Ring-necked Drake at The Cuilc


Grumpy Sod!!


Canada Goose also on Faskally


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive