Wednesday 26 May 2021

I had to put my fleece back on!

   
On a Webs weekend when I also had Murton NR to do I took some photos and most were with my P1000. My East Haven Webs was cold, rainy and windy, the Murton one was a disappointment with all ponds at a very high water level. I also had a look at Keptie Pond in Arbroath where they were still pumping water into the pond, and it was around the highest practical level. The Grey Herons won't be able to hunt and I wonder if it's an attempt to stunt the growth of the weeds before it warms up?



The Herring Gull looks to be a 4th calendar year, I can't find a likeness for the Lesser Black-backed Gull but assume it's also 4cy, sub adult



Some of a flock of 43 Ringed Plover at East Haven on Monday, with a Sanderling and a Dunlin (not in the photo)



I went to Victoria Park in the rain but a truck was parked across my favourite shelter, so I took this photo and went home in the huff



A new Dragonfly installation at Keptie Pond



I don't know if this hybrid hasn't reached breeding plumage or is already losing it, I suspect the latter







One of the Pintail/Mallard hybrid ducks



Blackbird



This Feral Pigeon was at my feet and too close to focus well



Jackdaw



Moorhen



Buddy's Loch with discoloured silty water, this photo shows the island where the Black-headed Gulls usually nest, and some nests will have been lost on the Wetlands at the car park



Inlet burn to Buddy's Loch



Home Loch, Murton



Home Loch, Murton


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive