Saturday 19 June 2021

Starlings - the one with the ring

   
A message from a neighbour saying he'd seen a ringed Starling prompted an afternoon of luring it into my garden and waiting for it to get off the grass and onto the water tray. Must cut the grass, photos would be easier. All photos except the House Martin and the Hoverfly were taken from in my kitchen with the camera on a tripod, very rare for me to use it.

The ringed Starling in a trail camera video, click here     Adult Starling bathing with a good sound recorded     

Tree and House Sparrow with the bossy Starlings         Vixen recorded at 0341 with birds singing all around  6 Herring Gulls had already been at 0330, I think because I'd left a light on?



Tree Sparrow juvenile, one of four that I've managed to count but there could be more



If I don't leave the hose in the water the Starlings soon empty it











Not the photo I wanted, they always look better on the camera, but it will have to do until the Yellowhammers become less wary



I need to cut the grass back a bit







One of four Goldfinches coming to the feeders



Maybe not the best shot of a House Martin but it's got a fly in it which is about to be caught



The often over-looked House Sparrow, a few family groups were flying around today







A juvenile Starling with Orange 4TK ring. It was ringed in the ringers garden in Montrose on 8/6/21 as a juvenile female (LL80459). A first sighting







The Starling with the ring was originally seen in a video taken on this trail cam



The tripod was also popular



I had put out some fat ball crumbs in the attempt to get a photo of the ringed bird















Migrant Hoverfly - Eupeodes corollae. 











As yet an unknown fly, it might be Phaonia tuguriorum. I'm not buying a microscope!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive