Thursday 21 October 2021

Ross's Goose

   
With help from original finders, experts and research on my part and others who answered some of my early doubts, a Ross's Goose. 

Just had a reply from Birdguides who had asked some questions and they've agreed the ID, the icing on the cake for me and everyone who helped. (not that I didn't believe our local experts).

All photos of birds on the mud taken with a Nikon P1000, the flight photos with a Nikon D500 at 420mm. Sometimes the sun is your friend just after dawn, not always so on bright white subjects, and it creates some tough shading. (Photographers like farmers - never happy).




Ross's Goose, Tayock


Original uncropped but shrunk to 1430 pixels wide



Just before the Ross's flew behind some trees







It looks very small in this photo because its somewhat behind the Pinkies   




Barnacle Goose, I saw two on Wednesday, six eventually on Thursday



Spot the Barnacle, or is there even one in the photo




I wonder if this Pink-footed Goose photo taken when the sun had just risen is the same Goose Gus saw at Lintrathen recently



Some of todays sun lit Pink-footed Geese heading in the direction of St Cyrus



More Pinkies



This is the view from Tayock at 730mm or 17 times zoom, I could pick out the Ross's Goose without binoculars or scope



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive