Tuesday 14 June 2022

Puffins, Peregrine and patience

   
Some of the birdlife I saw on a trip along the Angus coast between Arbroath and Montrose. The Puffins were never close but the P1000 helped out. I don't think the surprise Peregrine saw me sitting under a ledge but unfortunately it passed by too far away.
Also later while sitting in the garden some adult song birds, but no new fledglings. However some arrived today and I'll post any photos on Wednesday, I hope!
Three videos from the surface of the North Sea!

Puffin with sand eels      3 Puffins      Herring Gulls on a bait ball


Puffin with sand-eels, Angus coast












Peregrine, Angus coast








Fulmar








Herring Gull




Guillemots




The last Gannet? Only one dead Gannet seen and a steady stream of others moving north and fishing occasionally as they went. A second dead one at Hatton today




Song Thrush




Cock Pheasant in a cottage garden




Pied Wagtail




Back home in my garden, Goldfinch




Greenfinch male




Yellowhammer female




Common Carder Bee




Early Bumblebee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive