Friday 10 June 2022

Ruddy Shelduck, a Whooper and a Pink-footed Goose

   
After many attempts, and seeing a Shelduck in many, I eventually got close enough (180 metres) to take a few photos and videos of it on Miss Erskine's Bank at Montrose Basin. The photos and videos were taken on my P1000 secured to my tripod and sheltered from the worst of the wind, the photos also using a timer.
Back home and I managed a few more photos of new fledglings in my garden, and I have a challenge to read a metal ring on a Tree Sparrow!


Ruddy Shelduck video, click here      Whooper Swan      Red-breasted Mergansers      Shelduck bonus clip!


Ruddy Shelduck, Miss Erskine's Bank, Montrose Basin


Also one of two Pink-footed Geese and a Whooper Swan, all three thought to be disabled in some way, most likely gunshots in the geese









Tree Sparrow in my garden with a metal ring which I haven't yet managed to read




Adult Blue Tit




One of three Blue Tit fledglings, and as in every other year they come once and are usually never seen again





Blackbird fledgling





Coal Tit





Yellowhammer contemplating dropping down into the cage (old rabbit run)





I haven't found a way to keep these Herring Gulls out of the garden, there's nothing for them to eat and I can't deny them water





My assumption for Jackdaws is that if they're eating fat balls then maybe they'll predate less nests, but I'll never know





Only very rarely will a Magpie land in the garden and usually on colder days, conditions weren't good for this photo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive