Friday 9 July 2021

Arbroath Cliffs - Insect Fest

   
This post is all of insects from Arbroath Cliffs, with a fly species from my garden tagged on, and some Carder Bees from Olive's lawn. I also have various other photos and many Grey Heron photos which will be in later posts, all from Thursday. I had 109 Heron photos to look through and choose from, and I don't like deleting good photos, but I'll have to. 



Blue-tailed Damselfly, quite unexpected at the Cliffs, though looking back I've seen this species in the same place before. I think this is a female, one of the five colour variants








Narcissus Bulb Fly - Merodon equestris
It can attack garden bulbs such as Daffodil. Usually however it can be found in the countryside where it breeds on Bluebell bulbs. Whilst the larvae take up to 300 days to grow, once hatched the adult only lives for 5 - 24 days

















Common Blue Butterfly female at the Cliffs












Common Blue Butterfly male







Common Carder Bee, Cliffs



Common Carder Bee in my garden







Yellow Shell Moth







Latticed Heath Moth, photographed at the Cliffs in previous years around this time




Red-tailed Bumblebee, a very small example




Ringlet Butterfly when the light dipped



When the light got a bit harsh




Green-veined White Butterfly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive