Monday 5 July 2021

Tree Bumblebees - a late appearance

   
In between the haar episodes I managed to get some photos, mostly of Bumblebees, some other insects and I'm still intrigued by the development differences in the frogs.
You'll see below that there is no definitive ID's for some, I've used Google Lens which is pretty good, my insect book and Flickr pages. I'm open to corrections, it's how people learn after all.
I'm still aware that Google is brightening some photos but it's only apparent on a 1920 pixel screen and looks Ok on a tablet or phone. I thought it was only Apple that thinks it knows best!


I haven't found Tree Bumblebees nesting yet but they must be close by. I'm sure they disperse around now so that could be why I'm suddenly seeing them, although this one is still collecting  nectar on its legs








I hope this is an Early Bumblebee, very small and a brighter yellow than everything else, also a light orange tail







I think this one is a Small Garden Bumblebee, much smaller than the one's below




Garden Bumblebee



Same Garden Bumblebee



Google Lens says Narcissus Bulb Fly and I think if not that, then another Bulb Fly species



Tree Wasp as identified by Anne in the last post, this one has the small black spot on it's face



I'd have to describe this Common Frog as half-size, not sure of the age. I have all sizes just now from 12mm to adult



One of this years late tadpoles, still with a tail and still growing legs




This female Blackbird was getting a bit miffed at me in Olive's garden so I retreated to my pond




Google Lens thinks this flower growing near my pond is a Geranium species





Sweet William ssp, planted in my garden by the birds  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive